La Costa Greens master-planned community is comprised of:
- 16 individual neighborhoods
- 694 single-family homes
- 85 townhomes, apartments, medical and commercial offices
- An elementary school
- Community recreation facilities
- Recreational vehicle storage
- Open space surrounding the world-class La Costa Resort Golf Course
The La Costa Greens master plan takes advantage of views of the natural open space and the adjoining golf course. It was designed to blend the individual neighborhoods with the landscape and views. The project provides a friendly pedestrian trail system that links individual neighborhoods to open space areas and community amenities.
The project had an existing lake that the City of Carlsbad requested to be kept. The lake was incorporated into the design and was added as a community amenity.