The community of Apex posed unique challenges—to plan for high-density detached homes development and to create exceptional innovation for the built environment.
Part of a neighborhood of homes that interlock with side and rear zero walls, the homes in Apex at Civita are framed by private outdoor spaces. Site constraints required the utilization of side and rear zero walls to create privacy and maximize yard space. Constrained by a 30-foot height limit, the homes still manage to offer three floors of living, with a flex space on the lower level, providing a private bedroom suite, office, media room or workout space. To the front, an outdoor living space extends the interior living area, stacking over the parking below. Multiple options to allow the plans to flex to a variety of lifestyles and all models have a modern, yet contextual elevation.
- 58 detached single-family residences
- Five-acre site
- Five different floor plans; three stories
- Homes range between 2,000-2,500 SF
- Located in the master-planned community of Civita in San Diego’s Mission Valley
- Civil engineering was challenging due to complex architecture and lot layout