H&A provided civil engineering services for the development of a new civic center complex located on an old school property for the City of Vista. The site included 100,000+ sf of civic center facilities, including an emergency operations center with parking for over 400 vehicles.
Our services included:
- Design for reconstruction of abutting public streets to appropriate street widths per the City standards. This work included analyzing detailed survey data to design appropriate transitions to existing pavements.
- Design for low impact development measures and storm drain retention basin to facilitate earning certification of the project for LEED Silver.
- Design for the parking lot included use of bio-retention and pervious pavements to meet water quality objectives for reduction of pollutants.
- Incorporated trail network solutions into the site design to establish accessible links from public sidewalks through the site and to adjacent park property.
- Prepared precise grading and drainage plans providing details for site design of pavements and drainage of landscaping areas.
- Design included establishing accessible paths of travel to the existing library, as well as renovation to parking and access walks at the library to meet current accessible guidelines.
- Provided utility plans for extension of sanitary sewer, potable water and fire protection to the buildings.
- Planning for phasing considerations to allow city staff to occupy existing facilities on a portion of the site during construction.
- Site design integrated existing grade differentials with building access.
The linear park and EOC facility are located at the second-story level of the Civic Center, allowing direct access from the second floor.