H&A provided civil engineering design and surveying for 4.1 miles of the six-lane Olympic Parkway located in the City of Chula Vista.
The design and construction of Olympic Parkway were accomplished in three phases.
- A vegetated trapezoidal channel and a series of box culverts were constructed adjacent to the road to handle the Poggi Canyon runoff.
- A detention basin with a capacity of 700 CFS was constructed along the channel adjacent to the roadway.
- H&A prepared a detailed pre- and post-development HEC-1 watershed analysis of Poggi Canyon, designed drop structures within the channel, and prepared an HEC-RAS floodplain analysis.
Olympic Parkway consists of a 128’ right-of-way with a 10’ meandering decomposed granite trail. Improvements included:
- 18” sewer
- 12” and 20” reclaimed water line
- Two 12” domestic water lines
This project required coordination with several agencies including CalTrans for the future on and off-ramps to SR125. In partnership with the City of Chula Vista, an aggressive design timeline was required for the city to receive funding from federal and state agencies.